Monday was the first day of school for Meg. It was pretty uneventful. Being her second year in High School she said she didn't really have any nerves. (Well, good for her! I always did.) She isn't the youngest anymore-working her way to the middle of the grades and before we know it she will be the oldest. Scarry! I sadly don't have a picture yet. She refused to pose but did agree to a photo this week! When they get this old it is hard to make them, especially in the morning.
It has been a good week so far. She does the usual moan about the "grumpy" teachers and the "old" teachers but she does have quite a few that she likes. She is still playing soccer (football) for the town team but they won't be competing this year because there aren't enough girls in her age group. The coaches are organizing about 5 or 6 friendlies to play through the season and she might look into the new school team that has a rumor of starting. We will see. She enjoys the practices every week and I like her getting to socialize and getting the exercise.
Meg has taken on two languages this year. German and French. Which means she will be able to go on BOTH trips...we better start saving!
Well, she seems happy. So I am happy. I will get my picture :)
No comments:
Post a Comment