So both my girls are back together now! Meg had a good trip to her dads and the last few weeks have been busy as usual. When meg comes back from a trip we have this comforting and sweet routine that has developed over the years. We get home, she has a bath or a shower (a must after 12+ hours in airports and airplanes) then she curls up and I start unpacking her bags. While I sort through all her clothes
"dirty -yes
dirty -no
where's the other one? - oops I left it
this is cute, is it new? - yes (and admire the new ones - cause her dad is really good at buying her new cool stuff)
etc...she gets to tell me all about her trip. It is really sweet and I wouldn't have it any other way. I hope she doesn't grow out of the ritual anytime soon. This year we had a little helper! Since Em loved playing in the suitcase so much we left it out for days to let her play in.
...a little note to self about "Mey Mey". Since Em started to talk she has been calling her sister Mey Mey and for ages I was getting it confused with MaMa. It wasn't until Em was standing next to a row of our shoes that were all lined up in the sun room that I realized what she was saying. She stood there pointing to all the shoes and said ma ma, mey mey, da da and I finally twigged. Of course this was about a year ago - but now I have written it down because I didn't want to forget it!
3 comments:
I love Megan's suitcase..too cute. Harrison calls Jackson YaYa and I dont know where he came up with that name. I am so glad we talked. I felt so much less depressed and I was even nice to my husband when we got off the phone. Thanks!
Gee! I wonder if that would work for me. That story is precious.
Love mimi
Twigged? Is that a word a Texan should be using? :-)
Post a Comment