Friday, 1 May 2009

talented hubby


I dug up this photo from Dec 06 to show some of the cool scenes Mark has made with the girls over the years. He is so clever (a very english word) and has been making these things since Megi was little.

I don't have a photo of the little rabbit warren that Mark made for Megan to play with when they were reading Watership Down together but the "warren" is still in the attic. When Emi needs something new to play with we will have to climb up there and get it out. (note: a great book to read for young or old-a classic if you haven't read it.) We were lucky enough to go and visit the area where the author lived and modeled the book from. It was one of our many many walks in the English countryside that we have done.
The above christmas scene was taken apart and made into the swamp scene below when MiMi sent Emi this great set of frogs and turtles. Emi loves little toys like that. She plays with them for hours moving them around and stuff.


This last one is a great structure modeled on Emi's favorite show when she was just turning 2. The kids show is called "In the Night Garden" and I doubt you get it in the states. Anyway, this is a scene of Makka Pakka's house. He lives in a cave with his stones and pushes around his Og-pog to wash his friends faces with his sponge and dry them off with his Uff-uff. :) Yes, I watch way tooo much kids TV!

So, isn't he clever. He loves making these things for the girls and has done since megs was little. Not to mention the endless Thomas the Tank Engine train layouts he has created over the years. I will save that for another post...(cause the pictures of my kids are priceless to me!)

1 comment:

Honey said...

I'm jealous, they are awesome!