Wednesday, 18 February 2009

Tuna Bake

OK - for some reason I feel I must share this recipe with anyone who is interested. I always seem to struggle for something new to cook (that everyone will like) so I came across this one that is super easy and very very yummy. Maybe you all cook something like this - if so, then ignore...

The only time consuming part is making the mashed potatoes that go on top. We think it is worth it.

14 oz tuna (two small cans) drained
spring onions, chopped (about 6 or so)green and white parts
1 can Campbell's condensed mushroom soup
4 oz cheddar cheese, grated (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup depending on if you are on a diet :) and how cheesy you might like it
1 good teaspoon Worcester sauce

mashed potato to cover the whole top of the dish (a rough guide would be enough potato for the number of people you are serving)

I use a oven proof dish about 8x8 or slightly larger.

Mix all ingredients together (drain the tuna first) in the oven dish except the mashed potatoes. Season with pepper.
Place mashed potato on top (smooth around to all the edges) and sprinkle with some grated cheese.
Cook at gas 6, 200c, or 400f for about 40 min. and so cheese is nicely browned.
Good served with a green veg and crusty bread.
Easy peasy and very yummy!

No comments: