Friday, 10 September 2010

Windowsills - Fork photo holders

How about this cute idea?  One day Em and I were killing some time on rainy afternoon in the craft store "How To" book isle and we came across a book with this idea in it. I wish I could remember the book to tell you the name, it was cute and had some wild ideas in it.  I thought it was just perfect for my windowsill project, I love the idea of being able to casually change a photo out without having to remove a photo from a frame.  

One, I usually leave fingerprints all over the glass.
Two, Once I put a picture in a frame my heart bonds to it and it is like I need therapy to remove it.
Three, I just never ever ever get around to doing it.

So here is the new plan, just plop my current favorite photo in the fork and hope it doesn't fall over too often in the bowl of dirty sink water.  (Because they are kinda wobbly)  Even better being able to just stack photo after photo on top of each other. It was very easy to make.  Just bend back the prongs with pliers.  Trial and error with how much to bend them.  They were surprisingly forgiving.

ps.  These photos of the girls are really old, like a year and a half old or more.  I found them in my drawer, I never got around to getting them up, but I LOVE THEM.

pss.  I found the best way to recover a photo that falls into the dish water is to sit it back on the fork and let it dry naturally, all on its very own, dripping!  No wiping or worrying.  It comes back just fine as long as it wasn't a print from your home printer:))))

1 comment:

MiMi said...

How fun! And not to mention you can't find an easel in the UK! That's my American for you.. Do It Yourself! Love It. I was looking for a moment of encouragement so I thought I'll look on Yvette's blog. And there it was. Love You!