Sunday, 25 July 2010

Garden Party

A few weekends ago, while Megi was in Germany, we went to Mark's families beautiful garden party. Fun, Fun, Fun! There were lots of kids and a BOUNCY CASTLE. Emily was in heaven! She bounced and bounced and bounced all day. At first we couldn't get her off of it but when we convinced her it would be available all day she finally took a break. All red faced, hot and sticky. The food was fantastic too, we all brought salads and the BBQ chicken reminded me of home. I could really go for some of that chicken right now! I didn't eat enough of it then since there was so much other food to try, but I have been thinking about it a lot. I know, kinda sad to be thinking about BBQ. anyway...

Emi and Cousin Jo
Lots of water games too.  This was Em's first try with a water gun.  She was strong enough to get a little squirt out, just enough to reach your toes.  She had a little routine that lasted forever-jump, dip her feet in the pool, pour some water on the slide and do it all over again. 
We don't get to see Marks extended family all that much since everyone is scattered here and there but I really enjoyed visiting with everyone and Em particularly bonded with her cousin James.  It was the sweetest thing ever, James is 10 (I think) and Em was smitten.  She followed him whenever she could with the biggest smile that was only for him and he was so sweet to her.
This isn't a picture of everyone, but it's close.

No comments: