Wednesday, 5 March 2008

Mothers Day












Well, here goes... my first blog entry.

I thought I would start with Mothers Day. Yes, we had ours. It is celebrated in March instead of May in the UK. I had a lovely day. It started out (very early, because of an awake little baby) with toast and juice (in bed) from my sweet Megan and then followed by a wonderful 1 1/2 hour sleep in. Later in the day we went to visit some castles on the Welsh border (only about a half hour drive from our house). We took a picnic and hoped for the sun to stay out. We decided to explore three castles owned by the same family (at one point) back in the 1100's. The castle names are; White, Skinfrith, and Grossmont in case you are interested - I am sure I didn't spell those names right.


It turned out to be a chilly but nice day. The sun peeked in and out but we did manage to have a nice picnic in the middle of White castle. Since it isn't tourist season it was very quiet and we had most of the castles to ourselves. Megan and Mark had fun kicking the soccer ball around and scoring goals in the rubble roundtowers. Little Emily had her first "walking on grass" experience and an attempt at kicking the soccer ball too. That might seem weird that she hasn't walked on grass yet but we don't have any grass in our little garden and it has been too cold to go to the park and enjoy ourselves (we could go to the park and be cold but who wants to do that).

It was a good day!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

This looks perfect. Where have you been in my blog world? I've been missing you. Glad you are here, now let everyone know!!

Honorary Indian said...

YIPPEEE! It looks fantastic. I cannot wait to see more...read more...look at more pictures of your beautiful family.

LOVE YOU!

Lena said...

Hi Betroboop! What a great idea! You will have to show me how to get one too. I love you, Sister.
Say hi to everybody for me.

Honey said...

The girls are beautiful! We miss you guys!

NInesta said...

Yvette...seeing this made my day!! And, it made me miss you so. You and the family are too beautiful for words. Can't wait to see more. xx Nancy