Wednesday, 26 March 2008

Easter





Mark's parents came to visit us for Easter. It was a nice weekend but the weather was (once again) not very nice so we mostly stayed home. On Easter Sunday we went to a garden center to wander around and 'have an outing'. A garden center (plant store) can actually be considered an outing believe it or not. If you go to a nice big one they usually have a big selection of plants (and all the plant stuff, pots, etc.) garden furniture, gift shop, tea shop (for a drink and a cake), birdbaths, etc... The best thing about the visit was that little Emily realized that she could walk everywhere!!! All she wanted to do was walk, walk, walk. She didn't stop to touch anything or look at anything, she just wanted to GO!
When we came home we hid (sorta just placed them around- the one year old kind of hiding) some plastic eggs for Emily to find. She had a ball. Everytime she saw a new egg she made a "oooh" sound. It was so cute.
You might notice that my sweet Meggie isn't in any of the pictures. That is because she is visiting her dad in the states right now and we really, really miss her. I am not a complete mommy when she is away. But I talk to her lots and we chat on gmail all the time. She is having a really good time and even got to go skiing with her dad and family.
Did you know that the real eggs here usually have brown shells. So egg dying isn't really done. It's a shame because I love dying easter eggs and then making egg salad out of all the eggs after the hunt. You can't even find the dying kits in the stores unless you really really hunt for them.

7 comments:

Honorary Indian said...

I love the pictures of your sweet, sweet Emily. I can't imagine how much you miss Megan...but knowing she is having fun is reassuring.

Thanks for you email...I will respond soon. I'm always here, too...to talk.

Love you!

fictionmama said...

Yvette, I just linked to your blog from Dawn's. The girls are beautiful! I can't believe how gorgeous the landscape is. I'm so glad I found your blog so I can check in.

Vanessa

Dawn said...

I love the picture of emily. she is a beauty. miss you

Alan Foster said...

Beautiful children. My two sons are now 13 and 15 and it seems like they were babies only two weeks ago. Enjoy all the stages as they grow, because they all can be wonderful. All the best.

sojourner said...

Yvette,

I came here through honorary indian - you have my name! Cute pictures! I will come back and spend more time looking.

Yvette :0)

MiMi said...

Yvette,
My grand baby is preciious and what a fun time with Easter. Love you!

Lena said...

Hi Betro,
Em looks sooo precious!!
Since Nathan's 13, we just bought pre-filled plastic eggs and hid them in really hard spots in the house.
I can't wait to see ya'll in August. I've got a pontoon party boat for your visit.
Nathan really want's access to this blog, can you send him an invite?
I love you sister, Lena