Friday, 11 June 2010

Fantastic Forty


Yes, it happened, I turned FORTY. I hadn't given it much thought until one of my dear sweet friends gave me a card that said FORTY on the front. It really really made me laugh. Well it was a fantastic birthday. My sweet family and friends made it that way for me. My sweets thank you for being so kind and fantastic. Lots of cards, gifts, flowers, cake, shopping, dinner and really nice phone calls. (Louise I am so sorry I missed your call it was great to hear your voice and I hope we can catch up soon)

So I wanted to join in on this project one of my bestest friends is doing for her fortieth. Fortieth is a funny word. Picking out 40 things I want to do in my 40th year is turning out to be kinda tricky. I want them to be things I want to do, not things I should do for the house or the kids, but for me. So far I have thought of 20 things. Now, I am to shy to post them here but maybe some of them will end up in a picture or two. We will see, but I am going to try to do it. Maybe not 40 things because at my age things kinda slow down, I think 20 things at x2 slow speed will equal 40. Well, I better get started, time is ticking and I am already one day closer to 41.

ps... yes, yes, yes I feel silly putting my picture on this post. But I figure I will never look 39 again so I better enjoy it while I can. My meggi took this picture for me in the woods near our house. It was for a team up thursday project, self portrait, but I cheated and roped megs into helping me. I am far to old to have the patience for the self timer.

4 comments:

NInesta said...

Yvette - Happy Birthday!!!! Love the picture. Can't beleive that this is our 40th year. Wow. You know what, I don't hate it one bit. I think we have all gotten better with every year that has passed. Love you (and give our love to your two sweet girls). The picture of Emily with her flower chain is just amazing. And the one with her papa is just too sweet. Meg is the spitting image of you as a teenager. It will always be how I remember you best. xx

NInesta said...

By the way, I AM getting old!!! I just read my post and noticed that I spelled believe wrong. So bothered because I have such issues with kids today who can't spell and abbreviate everything. Did you ever think you would hear me say THAT??? ;)

Dawn said...

you look great!! i love you bunches!

MiMi said...

Awh! My baby is 40 look what that makes me. You are beautiful!!! I love your life and how wonderful you are to share all of your talents. Love, Mom