
Last weekend we went to this cute little village in the Cotswalds. Its called Bourton-on-the-Water. The river Windrush runs through, hence the name. The neat thing is all of the buildings built in the Cotswold area have to be made out of the warm yellow Cotswold stone. So over time it starts to look kinda grey but it is really beautiful in its own way.

We went to this little village for something to do in the nice sunshine because it has a cute little model village, built from sandstone, behind "The Old New Inn". Emily enjoyed looking at all of the little houses, looking in the windows and through alley ways. Her favorite was the model of the Cathedral. You could look inside and there was music playing and she could run circles around it. Great fun for a three year old.


This last picture is some of the model village - notice the lady to the right of the photo which sorta gives the photo some scale.
2 comments:
That's one thing about England, it's so charming. You capture the relaxing feeling in your photos. I wanna go too!!
Omygoodness...it has been so fun catching up on your blog.
I LOVE your 40 picture. Gorgeous...that's what you are. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!
And I love Meg's horse storyboard. How in the world did you do that?!
OH! And those TOWELS! Precious! They would make such cute gifts! One of my goals this fall is to become "one" with my sewing machine I've only pulled out once.
Sorry I've been MIA. I'm gonna visit here more often...promise.
Love ya!
Post a Comment