Sunday, 10 January 2010

a walk in the woods


We live in the middle of a few hills. The hills don't completely surround our little town but there are plenty of hills around to walk to from the house. Megs and I walked up toward Eastnor and took over a hundred pictures along the way. Yes, the purpose of the walk was to take pictures. And yes, a lot of the pictures are of the same thing - yea digital!

I wanted to get a cool close up --- the snow on this fence had so much texture. You could see the individual flakes frozen together in the drift of snow. I didn't seem to capture it how I saw it. What a shame but I still like the picture overall.

This is the view from the top of the hill and what the whole of the country looks like at the moment. I think it is a pretty rare thing, at least now days, for the whole entire country to be white at the same time. Our town had it easy compared to most, and the kids are scheduled to go back to school tomorrow. Awww. We are expecting one or two more snows then I think our white wonderland is supposed to melt.
These pictures look so much better bigger. So click on the photo to see it bigger!

No comments: