
We decided to make a creative version of our towns Market House for our gingerbread house this year. We were looking for something different to do this time and a house on stilts was the answer. It is a very interesting building which I am sure has a lot of history behind it -which I don't know- but when I took some pictures of it to copy for our project I realized that each side is completely different. It is really cool. Some of the beams are angled and some are straight. Some day I will have to look up the history about it. The other neat thing is that the only entrance to it is a staircase underneath. I know I am not describing that well but imagine a staircase underneath leading up to a door. Why do I think that is interesting? Is that a normal entrance to a house on stilts?

Next year I promised Megan that she could do her "own" thing. I seem to want the decorations a little too organized for her taste. We always enjoy doing these projects together but I know what she means. She is right, I like things a little orderly. :) Maybe next year little Em will want to play.

Can you see all of the little marble people in this last picture? It is a beautiful little marble painted nativity scene that my Mom sent to Emily this Christmas. She loves moving them around and changing their places. Sometimes they are all in a line and sometimes they are all "talking to each other". It is really really cute.

p.s here is a picture of the back of the building and the staircase...

pss. A few years ago the Market house was renovated and the whole thing was covered in scaffolding but the neat thing was they actually lifted the whole building and for days there was about a 2 or 3 foot gap between the bottom supports and the ground.
1 comment:
That is an AMAZING recreation of the Market House! You are so talented!!!
Sorry I've been MIA. My new year's resolution is to facebook LESS, blog MORE, and to simplify my life so that I am not too busy to stay in touch with those I love and care about...
LIKE YOU!
Happy, happy new year to you and the family!
xo!
Post a Comment