Tuesday, 4 August 2009

back when it wasn't raining

Just after Megi left to visit her dad and before it started raining we took Emily to a drive through Safari Park. She got to feed the greedy goat!



and I got to get sooooo close to this very hungry giraffe. He almost stuck his head in our car looking for food. I have been in love with giraffes ever since Cindy and I went to the London Zoo where we saw some beautiful newborns up close. This guy was old and lumpy but I still adored him.
A word or two about Emily and her chalk people -
She likes chalk, doesn't mind getting her little fingers chalky but likes things done the same way again and again (part of being two years old I suppose) so when the chalk comes out she always asks me to draw her house and her family. The people are always in the same order and the house always has the same curtains, chimney and smoke.

2 comments:

NInesta said...

Yvette - what great pictures! Emily is just beautiful. I wish I was there to squish her!! xx

Honey said...

Too cute! Ky loves her chalk too, but not as much as Em seems too!