OK - projects! Like I said before, I contemplated on not doing any so we could have more talking and hanging out time but it just wasn't in the books. Mom is so helpful to me I just had to have her input on lots of things.
The thing you don't get to see is the ugly shelf I used to have next to the dryer and the broken door kinda hanging from the hinges or the rotting hole in the outside door...
Our main two projects for the trip were to update and freshen up the "sun room" which is in reality a little bit of storage space, the dryer, and a dog room for when Mark's dogs are around. And the second project was to help me redo the living room. Now I don't have any pictures of the living room yet because I still need to paint it and finish some pictures (I had to fight my mom to keep her away from the paint cans). Now if we had decided to paint while she was here yes, it would be finished but we would have been busy up to the last minute she was here. I didn't want that. Instead we had a great little birthday party for ME.
After. There is a special place for all the shoes and even the wellies! Isn't it just beautiful? I love walking out there everyday and before this I hated it!
Now I can't go without mentioning some of the other things mom helped me do:
build a shelf for under my desk
re stain my front door
weed and mulch the front
fix the rotten edging by the front bushes
de-algae the sidewalk
the sun room - build shelves and update everywhere
fix the back door and re glaze around the windows
caulk my windows
decorate the living room
shop, shop, shop... i am sure i missed a few things
Isn't she amazing!
THANKS MOM


2 comments:
I so need a sunroom/craft room...
i love the new baskets. what a difference they make. you have inspired me to go basket shopping today. i need your mom to come to my house to help me get ready for baby Max! That is going to be his name....
Post a Comment