Thursday, 18 December 2008

Gingerbread Stable



For the past few years Megan and I have carried on my families tradition in making gingerbread houses at Christmas time. Now since Megan is older and can really participate in the whole process we have started making our own patterns and designs. This year Megs wanted to make a stable for some horses. Isn't in precious! If you will notice there is a sleeping kitten on the haybales next to the wheelbarrow of poop, and a cat and dog chase going on at the woodpile. There are buckets of food around, racks for the saddles and the little pony behind the fence is wearing a homemade blanket. We still have to make a few more things but it is mostly complete. We had a really relaxing and good time making this one this year. Sometimes it is a little stressful but this time it was a great evening of fun.

3 comments:

MiMi said...

Megi,
Hay, that is so cool! It's filled with so much creative action. I like the dog and cat the most. You are really good at everything you do. I'm so glad you enjoy making gingerbread houses. It brings back such good memories of doing things with your mum. Merry Christmas, Love, Mimi

Anonymous said...

When I show that to Natalya she is absolutely insist that we do that next year. So I guess I'm gonna have to make the gingerbread, too. It's beautiful, Megan!

Hope you guys had a magical fantastic Christmas.

NInesta said...

So creative! I remember making gingerbread houses at Yvette's when we were in high school. You have come a long way since then! Hope you all had a wonderful christmas. xx